Here are some resources for teachers to use in their classrooms. Check back often, as we develop and add new materials. We are also available to give public presentations - feel free to contact us for more information.
- Our coloring book is aimed at elementary and pre-school aged children. It displays the native forest birds of Kaua‘i and their unique characteristics and personalities. Have fun!
- You can also print our list of "What you can do" and discuss with children the links between seemingly disconnected activities and forest bird conservation (e.g. turn out the lights --> reduce global warming --> prevent the spread of avian malaria --> stop birds from dying of this disease). In the near future, we will be developing a matching game around this list.
- Get your students out birding! There are several easily accessible places on the island where you can view native birds. Check out our birding map for details.
- Read through the Conservation Council for Hawai‘i's excellent brochure highlighting the threats to Hawai‘i's biological and cultural resources by introduced predators, such as rats and mongoose.
- Check out our matching game for a fun way to learn about food sources and habitat niches of Kauai's Forest Birds! If you would like to print this game out as a poster, contact us and we can send you a larger file via email.