The Kaua'i Forest Bird Recovery Project accepts charitable donations via our non-profit sponsor, Garden Island Research Conservation and Development. Checks should be made out to GIRCD, and sent to KFBRP at:PO Box 27 Hanapepe, HI 96716
Donations are tax-deductible and will be used to support our research, conservation, and outreach activities.
If you wish, you may elect to receive a token of appreciation for your donation, such as a pack of note cards (donations of >$10), ceramic coffee mug (donations of >$12), steel travel mug (>$16), t-shirt (>$18) or matted Puaiohi photograph (>U$45).
We also gratefully accept donations of field and office equipment. Please call Cali or Barbara at 808-335-5078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Currently we are in need of:
- wood or Trex planks or boards to make a floor at our field camp
- telephone wire or ethernet cable >15' (can be broken)
- broken mini mag lights (2AA size)
- office chairs
- work bench
- fabric and supplies for bird bags to hold birds between processing and release—Tap that fabric stash and donate cotton fabric at least 1 square foot or larger! We also need thread and draw strings.
- nuts and bolts, Plastic flower pots, ½” metal floor flanges, and plumbers caulk for nestboxes
- solar panels