The Kaua'i Forest Bird Recovery Project accepts charitable donations via our non-profit sponsor, Garden Island Research Conservation and Development. You can donate online via PayPal by clicking the yellow button on the bottom right side of the page. Checks should be made out to GIRCD, and sent to KFBRP at:PO Box 27 Hanapepe, HI 96716
Donations are tax-deductible and will be used to support our research, conservation, and outreach activities.
If you wish, you may elect to receive a token of appreciation for your donation, such as a pack of note cards (donations of >$10), ceramic coffee mug (donations of >$12), steel travel mug (>$16), t-shirt (>$18) or matted Puaiohi photograph (>U$45).
We also gratefully accept donations of field and office equipment. Please call Cali or Barbara at 808-335-5078 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Currently we are in need of:
- wood or Trex planks or boards to make a floor at our field camp
- telephone wire or ethernet cable >15' (can be broken)
- broken mini mag lights (2AA size)
- office chairs
- work bench
- fabric and supplies for bird bags to hold birds between processing and release—Tap that fabric stash and donate cotton fabric at least 1 square foot or larger! We also need thread and draw strings.
- nuts and bolts, Plastic flower pots, ½” metal floor flanges, and plumbers caulk for nestboxes
- solar panels